Located at 250 Main Street in Memorial Auditorium, the Print Studio offers seasonal classes in printmaking and book arts ranging from introductory courses to master workshops, all taught by experienced artists. The spacious studio includes a 30 x 48” Takach etching press, a Vandercook SP15 proofing press, large work tables, ample storage space, inks, solvents, and a variety of materials available on site. Studio 250 is equipped for relief and intaglio printmaking (including etching), as well as letterpress and monotype, and offers extensive open studio hours at affordable rates for seasoned printmakers as well as beginning students.
Print Studio Renters get 10% discount for purchasing 3 months, 15% discount for 6 months, and 20% discount for a year. Then they get a 5% BCA member discount on top of that.
- Print Rental 1 month - $50 / $45 BCA members
- Print Rental 3 months - $135 / $127.50 BCA members
- Print Rental 6 months - $255 / $240 BCA members
- Print Rental 1 year -$480 / $450 BCA members
All rentals due on the 1st of the month. Any new renters will be prorated $1.50/day if they join in the middle of the month to start them on the 1st of the month cycle.
- Use of press, equipment, tools and solvents*
- Reduced fee use of Logan 750 mat cutter and heat press (please call the Community Darkroom for more info)
- Storage space to store work and supplies
- Opportunities to exhibit work
*Printmaking paper and inks are not included.
OPEN STUDIO HOURS – MAY 20-JUNE 2, 2013
Monday: 9:00AM-1:00PM (closed 5/27)
Tuesday: 9:00AM-1:00PM, 5:00PM-9:00PM
Friday: 1:00PM-5:00PM, 5:00PM-9:00PM (closed 5/24)
Saturday: 9:00AM-1:00PM, 3:30PM-7:30PM
Sunday: 9:30AM-1:30PM, 4:30PM-8:30PM
Studio hours change monthly based on class schedules.
For questions about classes or education programs – contact Kiersten Williams
For questions about studio rentals – contact Chris Vaughn