Located at 250 Main Street in Memorial Auditorium, the Print Studio offers seasonal classes in printmaking and book arts ranging from introductory courses to master workshops, all taught by experienced artists. The spacious studio includes a 30 x 48" Takach etching press, a Vandercook SP15 proofing press, large work tables, ample storage space, inks, solvents, and a variety of materials available on site. Studio 250 is equipped for relief and intaglio printmaking (including etching), as well as letterpress and monotype, and offers extensive open studio hours at affordable rates for seasoned printmakers as well as beginning students.
Print Studio rental costs $55 per month with discounts available for the purchase of rental in 3, 6 and 12 month increments. BCA Members receive an additional discount on all studio rental.
- 1 month - $55 / $49.55 BCA Members (10% off)
- 3 months - $148.50 (10% off) / $140.25 BCA Members (15% off)
- 6 months - $280.50 (15% off) / $264 BCA Members (20% off)
- 1 year -$528 (20% off) / $495 BCA Members (25% off)
All rentals due on the 1st of the month. Any new renters will be prorated $1.50/day if they join in the middle of the month to start them on the 1st of the month cycle.
- Use of press, equipment, tools and solvents*
- Reduced fee use of Logan 750 mat cutter and heat press (please call the Community Darkroom for more info)
- Storage space to store work and supplies
- Opportunities to exhibit work
*Printmaking paper and inks are not included.
OPEN STUDIO HOURS - NOVEMBER 18-DECEMBER 31, 2013
Tuesday:8:00AM-12:00PM CLOSED 12/24, 12/31
Wednesday: 9:00AM-1:00PM, 5:00PM-9:00PM CLOSED 11/27, 12/25
Thursday: 9:00PM-1:00AM CLOSED 11/28, 12/26
Friday: 1:00PM-5:00PM CLOSED 11/29
Saturday: 9:00AM-1:00PM, 3:30PM-7:30PM
Sunday: 9:30AM-1:30PM, 4:30PM-8:30PM
Studio hours change monthly based on class schedules.
For questions about classes or education programs - contact Kiersten Williams
For questions about studio rentals - contact Chris Vaughn